ABOUT OUR COURSES
Our football courses include practical sessions including fun coaching activities, skills challenges and lots of small-sided games.
- Children will be supervised by our coaches throughout each course and at lunchtimes for holiday courses or fun days
- Players will be divided into relevant age groups. Each group will follow an age appropriate coaching syllabus designed by Newcastle United Foundation
- Our coach-to-player maximum ratio is 1:16
- Newcastle United Foundation promotes respect, fair play, discipline and anti-bullying at all times
- Each child will receive a course certificate and there will also be chances to win NUFC Prizes
The safety and welfare of the young people in our care are of paramount importance. We have an internal Safeguarding lead and all staff are fully trained in Safeguarding and Child Protection ahead of programme delivery.
The aims of the Newcastle United Foundation Safeguarding Children Policy are:
- To safeguard all children who interact with the Club/Charity activities
- To demonstrate best practice in the area of safeguarding children
- To develop a positive and pro-active welfare programme to enable all children and young persons to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment
- To promote high ethical standards throughout all activities
OUR COACHING STAFF
All Newcastle United Foundation coaches abide by our strict safeguarding policies to ensure a safe environment is always provided. Each coach is enhanced DBS checked and attends regular Continuing Professional Development training to ensure they have the most up-to-date knowledge of child protection.
All staff have to meet Newcastle United Foundation’s minimum criteria before being deployed and undergo regular career progression to make their sessions as innovative and specific to the children’s needs as possible. Coaches follow a planned course syllabus which prescribes the detail of how courses are run. Every session, regardless of its focus, is shaped on the principles of enjoyment and the progression of the individual player.
OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
We are committed to maintaining the highest possible standards in coaching, service excellence and safeguarding best practice.
In maintaining this best practice, we ensure that:
- Our ratios of children to coaches are no more than 16:1
- We maintain regular up-to-date risk assessments on each of our venues, with each risk assessment present on the day of your child's course
- We obtain digital parental consent forms with detailed medical information for each child and maintain a full suite of insurances
- Our coaches are FA qualified, with up-to-date certificates in first aid and safeguarding children and experienced and confident working with children of all abilities
- Each venue will have a Head Coach acting as a point of contact for parents. The Head Coach will oversee the venue and ensure that best practice is consistently maintained
WHAT TO BRING
- Full playing kit including shin pads and appropriate footwear for the venue (football boots with studs/moulded studs/blades, Astroturf trainers or trainers)
- A packed lunch, snacks and water to stay hydrated throughout the day
- Suncream and hats in the event of good weather
- Warm, thin layers of clothing and waterproofs in the event of bad weather
- The closing date for booking is the Wednesday before the course commences
- Places are limited to ensure quality, so please book early to avoid disappointment
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of their booking form and payment
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
- Use the online booking system or call 0844 372 1892 ext. 8451 to pay by debit/credit card.
- Please have the participant’s details ready
- To pay by cheque, please send a cheque (made payable to Newcastle United Foundation), a completed booking form on the reverse of leaflet and return to: Newcastle United Foundation, St James’ Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4ST to arrive no later than the Wednesday before the course commences
- Please remember to state which course code you wish to enrol on
- Full payment must be enclosed with booking form.